MARENGO PUBLIC LIBRARY REGISTRATION POLICY
1. Patrons eligible for a Marengo Public Library borrower's card must be a resident of Iowa. At the discretion of the library staff, the patron may be asked to provide a photo ID or other proof of identity.
2. Patron must fill out an application card as completely as possible and shall include the following information:
- Address in full
- Phone number
- E-Mail address
- Place of employment
- For children under 14 - parent's/guardian's signature is necessary.
4. When the application card is filled out satisfactorily, patron's will be issued a new borrower's identification number in the computer.
5. New borrowers may be limited to only two items checked out the first time on their new card. After that, patrons may be limited to five books per card for an individual and ten on a family card.
6. Open Access - Any patron holding a current legitimate card from any library in Iowa may be issued a free Marengo Public Library borrower's card.